What to write?
So NanoWrimo is quickly approaching and you have no idea what to write?
National Novel Writing Month is all about pushing your boundaries. About just hashing it out, fast and hard, and not thinking about it. Doing something new and inventive and worrying about consequences later.
Remember, there’s NOTHING but time to edit later!
So what to write? Here are some ideas that anyone can take and play with – ideas that, if eight people all chose the same idea, each one would be unique and awesome all to itself!
Generic Science Fiction ideas:
- If God Almighty/The Goddess/random deity were to come to earth with no memory of who he/she was….
- OMG, I was born a Werewolf/Vampire/Alien/Sea Slug and I had no idea until this weird power of flight/x-ray vision/super speed showed up!
- OMG, YOU are a Werewolf/Vampire/Alien/Sea Slug and I had no idea but I love you! (however, if you make anyone sparkle, I will hunt you down and kill you where you stand)
- Hey, the general populace didn’t know, but there’s been a war between the random evil and the random good all this time and now it’s threatening the world!
- Random evil has just found us and we are ripe for takeover!
- The stuffed animals/random toys are rising up and revolting
General Romance Ideas:
- She’s new in the big city and he’s reluctantly showing her around as a favor to a friend
- He’s trying to make it on stage/in hollywood and she’s just the girl to help get him there!
- She’s been falsely accused of a hideous crime and sentenced to life in prison. One night she was taken from her cell to a place called…no, wait. That’s the plot for La Femme Nikita. Nevermind.
- Basically, boy meets girl, random place, random time. C’mon, romance is easy.
General Plain Fiction idea:
- She/he’s an amazing (your hobby here) but someone’s out to get them and take their thunder!
- He/she’s always been a quiet type, but when tragedy strikes, they’re the only ones left to rise up and make a difference.
- A heartwarming story of how two sisters/brothers who never got along come together to support their dying mother/father/older brother/other relative and learn how much they love each other and the strength they share when together
You get the idea!!! Now get cracking with that outline, only 11 days left!